How to Prepare for SSC CHSL 2017 Exam
Do you want to start preparing for SSC CHSL 2017 Exam but don’t know when or where to start, which subjects to focus on or which books to refer, etc. then this article is just for you. In this article we are going to tell you how you should start and continue your preparation to get selected in Upcoming SSC CHSL 2017 Exam.
Firstly you need to be familiar with the detailed Syllabus and complete SSC CHSL 2017 Notification so that there should not be any doubt about the Scheme of the Examination.
I will tell you the whole preparation strategy topic wise to make it simple and easy to understand. There are four section in Tier-I Exam of SSC CHSL – Quantitative Aptitude, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, and English Comprehension.
This section is divided in two parts –
(1) Arithmetic :- Number System, Average, LCM & HCF, Percentage, Profit and Loss/Discount, Simple and Compound Interest, Ratio and proportion, Speed, Time and Distance/Train, Time and Work, Problem on Ages.
(2) Advanced :- Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Height and Distance, Data Interpretation, Bar Diagram/Pie-Chart, Histogram.
For preparation of this section either start with Arithmetic or Advanced Mathematics. Only After Completing one part move to another. Many chapters are inter-related like (Percentage, Profit and Loss, Discount, Simple and Compound Interest), ( Ratio and Proportion, Height and Distance, Time and Work), (Speed, Distance and Time, Train Problems, Boat and Stream Problems) you can finish these inter-related chapter together for better understanding of the concepts. Practice is the Key to Solve this section in time with good accuracy so practice as much as you can from previous year questions book or any other good book. Give at least 2-3 hours daily to this section. Work on you speed by learning new methods to solve a problem.
General Intelligence and Reasoning
It includes questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. Analogies, similarities and differences, arithmetical reasoning. figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, statement conclusion, coding and decoding, syllogistic reasoning etc. Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Number Series. Figural Series, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Venn Diagrams, folding & un-folding. Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, Embedded Figures, decoding and classification, Other sub-topics.
Do Practice from Previous year question to understand which type of questions come in Exam. Questions of Number Series, Coding Decoding needs more attention as new method are updated each year. Solve as much questions as you can. Give at least 1-2 hours daily on this section.
It Contains Question from History, Polity, Economics, Geography, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Current Affairs, Miscellaneous. Firstly Refer to one good book only and complete that book 3-4 times before the Exam then you may or may not as per your choice refer another book. Give 1-2 hour daily and study one chapter completely before going to another chapter. Revise daily what you learned previous day. Revision is the key to score well in this Exam. Keep updated with current Affairs from any good newspaper or magazine.
This section is divided into 3 parts as given below:
(1) Grammar :- This part consists of questions from Articles, Noun, Pronoun, Tenses, Adjective, Adverb, Prepositions, Conjunctions, Active and Passive Voice, Narration etc. Learn 5-10 Rules Daily and solve as much questions as you can related to those rules. When going to next set of rules revise the rules that you learned previously.
(2) Vocabulary:- Synonym, Antonyms, Idioms, one-word Substitution are common topics of this part. Read and learn at least 20-25 new words, Idioms, one-word substitution daily and to memorize better, revise all the previously memorized words daily.
(3) Reading Comprehension:- Comprehension test, Cloze test. Read newspaper or novel or any other English book that you are interested in.
Give at least 1-2 hours daily and follow the above suggestion you will surely score good marks. Revise daily to avoid forgetting.
Apart from this solve previous year question papers and latest mock test as per new syllabus to get familiar with the exam pattern and solve mock tests after finishing your complete syllabus to keep a track of your preparation. Revise daily to avoid problems of forgetting something again and again.
We will provide you latest and updated study material for SSC CHSL 2017 Exam so stay connected with us on our Facebook Page.