Important Questions of GK for SSC CGL/CHSL
Hello Friends, Welcome to ExamsKart. I hope your preparation of SSC CGL/CHSL is going great to further help you with your preparation we are sharing with you Important Questions of GK for SSC CGL/CHSL and other Exams such as Railway, YYAPAM, CET, PSC etc. These types of questions are generally asked in SSC Exams also many questions are repeated every year from previous year question paper. These questions are compiled from various sources to help you score well in your upcoming SSC Exams.
Questions of GK for SSC Exercise-1
- Saving is that portion of money income that is not spent on
- In which field did Amartya Sen win the Nobel Prize?
- Raja Ravi Varma was a great painter from
- Who was the founder of the Theosophical society of India?
- Who coined the Chipko slogan “Ecology is Permanent Economy”?
- Study of fossils is
- Chemical properties of isotopes are
- The operation executed on data stored in registers is
- Sour taste of lemon is due to the presence of
- Which State has the longest coastline?
- Chandigarh is located on Golden Quadrilateral Road Network.
- Which is the first Indian State to go wholly organic?
- What is the role of “Ombudsman” in a bank?
To provide quality and speedy redressal of grievances of customers
- Which Schedule contains special provisions for the administration of tribal areas in the four North-eastern states of Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram?
- Who appoints the members of the State Public Service Commission?
- Who was the first Indian to be elected as the leader of the Communist International? N. Roy
- What is the source of natural energy of the hot springs at Manikaran in Himachal Pradesh?
- Alzheimer’s Disease is a
Dominant Autosomal Disorder
- ______is used to manufacture Terylene.
- The Study of movement inside the Earth’s Crust is
- “Lona” is related to which game?
- Ten thaats or scales, belong to which system of music?
- Which component cannot be developed within an “integrated circuit”?
- What is the transplantation of graft between genetically identical individuals?
- Yogeshwar Dutt is associated with which sport?
Questions of GK for SSC Exercise-2
- A ‘Market Economy’ is one which Is
free from the Government control
- The novelist, poet and critic of which language has been conferred with Jnanpith Award for 2015?
- The ‘Cabinet Mission’ of 1946 was led by
Sir Pethic Lawrence
- Mount Abu is a hill station located in ranges.
- The only perennial in Peninsular India is
- Which form the base of vegetable fibers?
- A particle is thrown vertically upward. When it reaches the highest point, it has
A downward Acceleration
- CPU Scheduler is also known as
- During fermentation of sugar, the compound which is always formed is
- Which type of democracy do we follow in India?
- Social activist Iron Chanu Sharmila, who has recently announced to end 16-year old hunger strike belongs to which State?
- The quality or tone of a musical sound produced by a stringed instrument depends on —
Waveform of the sound
- What did Gandhiji meant by ‘Sarvodaya’?
The birth of a new society based on ethical values
- When does solar eclipse take place?
When the moon is between the sun and earth
- Strait of Gibraltar connects
Atlantic Ocean – Mediterranean Sea
- The largest solar power plant in India is located at
- Regional Rural Banks are sponsored by
Nationalized Commercial Bank
- Removal of carbon particles from air involves the principle of
- Which light is least effective in photosynthesis
- Activated Coconut Charcoal acts as
- The maximum fixation of solar energy is done by
- Harsha moved his capital from to.
- Who is the Chief Economic Advisor to the Government of India?
- Which type of foreign investment is considered as unsafe?
- The Chairman of the Drafting committee of the Constituent Assembly of India was
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
Questions of GK for SSC Exercise-3
- Bhartendu Harishchadra is known as
Father of Hindi Theatre
- The main effect of Direct Taxes is on
- Who has the power to prorogue the Lok Sabha?
- The first Europeans to come to India were
- The term ‘Dumping’ refers to
Sale in a foreign market of a commodity at a price below marginal cost
- When does the sun shine vertically on the Equator?
Twice a Year
- Lichen is an association between which of the two
Algae and fungus
- Milk is a good source of
- What is a pepper plant?
- Why does a cannon recoil after firing?
Newton’s Third of Motion
- Which of the following statement is true
A Primary key is also a candidate key
- What is used as non-stick coating for cooking utensils?
- “Tsunami” is the name given to
- The first Indian citizen to get commercial Pilot’s License was
- Nimbostratus and Cumulonimbus are
- According to the Indian Constitution, who has the power to declare emergency
- Particulates (< μ 1 m size) remaining suspended in air indefinitely and transported by wind currents are called
- The least preferred technique in the disposal of Municipal Solid Waste is
- A bomb explodes on the moon. You will hear its sound on earth after
You cannot hear the sound explosion
- What takes place during a nuclear fusion?
Two light nuclei combine to form a heavy nucleus
- Which cities form Swarna Tribhuj?
Bhubaneshwar, Puri, Konark
- British achieved political power in India after which battle?
Battle of Plassey (1757)
- The number of permanent members of the U.N. Security Council is
- ‘World Economic Outlook” report is published by
Questions of GK for SSC Exercise-4
- Bilateral monopoly situation is
When there is only one buyer and one seller of a product
- Lorenz curve shows
- The Preventive Detention Act curtailed
Right to Freedom
- Ornithophily is affected by
- To which ganarajya Gautam Buddha belonged?
- Dolomite is a
- Which vitamin help in the absorption of Calcium?
- The outermost layer of sun is called
- Constantly running system – program processes are known as
- Which vitamin contains Nitrogen?
- Science dealing with study of soil is called
- With which sport is P.V. Sindhu associated?
- In Hydel Power Station, the motion produced in tur- bines is due to
flow of water
- Which gas is known as “Laughing Gas”?
- The ‘solid waste’ is also known as
- If waste materials contaminate the source of drinking water, which disease will spread?
- Kalamkari Painting refers to
A hand painted cot- ton textile in South India
- Which sector makes the largest contribution to national income in India?
- Chachnama records the history of
- The deepest trench of the Indian Ocean is
- “Abhinav Bharat” was founded in 1904 as a secret society of revolutionaries by
- Ideas of welfare state are contained in
Directive Principles of State Policy
- Which Country is called as ‘Land of the Golden Pagoda’?
- Which Indian author in May 2016 won the prestigious 2016 Scholastic Asian Book award for her work
‘Codex: The Lost Treasure of the Indus’?
Aditi Krishna Kumar
- Pneumonia is a bacterial disease caused by the type of bacteria called
Questions of GK for SSC Exercise-5
- Which countries are the members of the “BRICS” group?
Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
- ‘Do or Die’ is associated with which of the movements in India’s freedom struggle?
Quit India Movement
- ‘Parsec’ is the unit measurement of
- A collective term used by the Jains for their sacred books is
- Open Market Operations is an instrument of
- At room temperature, the metal that remains in liquid state is
- Which is known as Carbolic Acid?
- On which river is the Tehri dam built?
- With which country, India has the longest international boundary?
- Which State in India has the largest coastline
- Jog falls in Karnataka is located over which river?
- In market form, a firm does not exercise control over price?
- Which area of India is covered by tropical evergreen forest?
- Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarojgar Yojan has now been restructured as
National Rural Livelihoods Mission
- Neeraj Chopra is associated with which sport?
- Firewood is not a source of energy.
- Who is the runners-up in the recently held UEFA Euro-16?
- Taoism, is an ancient tradition of Philosophy and religious belief deeply rooted in
Chinese custom and world view
- Adrenalin is an emergency
- Candela is SI unit of
- In computer science, data hazard occurs when
Pipeline changes the order of read/write access to operands
- During the period of which Governor General / Viceroy was the Indian Civil Services introduced?
- The uppermost layer of the atmosphere is
Other Important Download Links
5000 GK for SSC Question and Answer in Hindi PDF – Click here to Download
1000+ GK for SSC Questions in Hindi – Click here to Download
2500+ GK for SSC Questions in English PDF- Click here to Download
Join us on Facebook and Twitter for more Study Material and Latest jobs Notifications. share with your friends if you like this article.
You can Follow us on Twitter also. If you require Study material for any exam or subject then let us know at our Facebook Page or comment below we will provide you the updated Study material as soon as possible. Also Keep in touch for all Exams important Updates and new jobs Recruitment.